What are Plan Types?
Plan types are basically a way of grouping different benefits plans together and linking them with the coverage options available.
The key when defining plan types is realize that there can only a set of system defined plan type codes for each benefit plan type.
- Flexible spending limit
- Accidental death and Dismemberment
- Long term disability
- Short term disability
Also, another key element is to select if an employee can have one enrollment per plan type or multiple enrollments per plan type.
Let’s define a Benefit plan type!
Step 1: Navigate to Benefits management workspace > Links > Plan types
Step 2: Add a new plan type and enter and details illustrated below
What are Rules and Options?
There are 2 primary capabilities related to Rules and Options. One is to create a combination of benefit plans using bundles and programs and the other is to define the benefit periods. To keep our design simple we will only focus on Periods.
Benefit periods simply help define the following:
- When is the period starting?
- When is the period ending
- When does the enrollment period start?
- When does the enrollment period end?
- Is the period open?
- What was the pervious period related to this period?
Let’s define Rules and Options!
Step 1: Navigate to Benefits management workspace > Links > Rules and Options
Step 2: Navigate to Period and add a new period
That’s it, we have completed the step 1 in design. In the next step we will look at defining coverage options and payments frequencies. See you tomorrow!
Blog posts related to this series:
- D365HR Benefits management and your company’s Benefits policy
- D365HR Benefits management: Step 1: Plan types, Rules and Options
- D365HR Benefits management: Step 2: Coverage options and Payment frequencies
- D365HR Benefits management: Step 3: Reason Codes, Rates and Deductions
- D365HR Benefits management: Step 4: Benefits parameters
- D365HR Benefits management: Step 5: Benefits plan
Want to know more about Dynamics 365 Human Resources and Power Platform… Stay tuned and subscribe to my blog😀:
Do you think my blog helped you? Then please share it with your network on LinkedIn!