What is user adoption?
So you have a new and fancy HR system being implemented in the organization! It sounds very fancy and can do a lot of amazing things for you, but the key to make sure that your HR key user team is happy with using the solution on a day to day operational level. That’s it – User adoption is basically making your key user happy with the new system being implemented.
One of the things that help is to make the solution more personal to the users by defining the user options.
How to access User options on Dynamics 365 Human Resources?
Once you are logged in click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner and select User options.
What can you set as user options?
Select the color you like so that it is pleasant to use😍
You can define the following:
- Which legal entity do you want to login every time you open the application?
- What is the initial page that you want to login into?
- Do you want to open the form in edit mode always?
- What language do you use the application in?
- What is the data, time and number format that you are comfortable with?
- ⚡⚡⚡TIMEZONE: What time zone do you work with? If you are managing data of multiple legal entities across different time zones – This will become a critical value to keep track of
- Do you want to see the getting started pages? May be at the beginning phase of go-live and you want to switch this off later!
- What name do you prefer on D365HR?
- Email provider: In most cases it is SMTP
- Check if the email is correct which is carried over from Azure AD
- Do you want to send approval workflow notifications via emails?
- Do you want to have the notifications on the action center?
- Do you want to have the notifications on TEAMS 😍 (Preview)
- Grouped notifications? or Individual notifications?
- ⚡⚡⚡Approval workflow delegation – Are you going on vacation? Do you want to delegate approval of your teams leave requests to another manager, then set up the delegate rules and activate them
Is this important to be explained to your end users?
Although it seems obvious, the impact this has on user adoption is huge and as a consultant the only dream you would have to make the key users happy and love the new HR system😍
Want to know more about Dynamics 365 Human Resources… Stay tuned and subscribe to my blog😀:
Do you think my blog helped you? Then please share it with your network on LinkedIn!