🔗Financial dimensions – Connecting HR and Finance!
Let’s start simple: Financial dimensions help us make the costs from the employee and the transactions that the employee perform on D365 into different financial accounts of the organization for tracking😎
- The employee is paid a salary of 5000 euros and he works in the HR department. The 5000 euros needs to be charged to the cost center of HR department.
- Let’s consider Harry who works as Vendor payments specialist and approves an invoice to the vendor Hogwarts’s Inc, the financial dimensions help capture that Harry from so and so department approved the invoice in the system.
This idea needs to be reviewed from a few perspectives:
- A: Alignment of Financial Dimensions between Position and Employee: There are 2 places we can capture this data, in many cases customers want to capture is at a position level so that the data maintenance is minimum. Ideally we need a parameter to say:
- Is Financial dimension used at Position level
- Is Financial dimension used at Employee level
- Is the Financial dimensions between Employee and Position needs to be synced
- B: Make financial dimensions date effective, at the moment there is no date effective tracking on this data and we can see the changes of the employee financial dimensions over a period of time, but it’s one of the critical data points that needs to be reported and tracked.
- C: Make this data available in CDS for custom reporting and integrations, well like I said all companies need to know where the employee costs are flowing😆
Thanks to Majken Touborg for submitting the idea!
🔗Add primary position on worker forms– Make HR Pro’s 😍
Lets think about the true strength💪 of Dynamics 365 application stack: HR logs into the application > Navigates to the employee form > Click on the export to excel and the data you see on screen magically appears on an excel for reporting and analysis.
It is magical to see this work seamlessly and also the fact that you can add additional columns of related data to the form and export to an excel. But from a technical perspective due database normalization the employee and position are not related close enough to be able to add to the employee and related forms at the moment.
The idea is to get the employee and position data close enough together with a condition of having the primary position information to be added on the employee forms. I would say all the customers I am engaged with will be super happy about this feature😍
Thanks to Lucie Poláková for submitting the idea!
🔗Customize standard reports and analytics – Drive decisions based on data👊
Well, Microsoft has already included this roadmap of Release 2020 Wave 2 which kick off from October 2020. Dynamics 365 Human Resources comes with an amazing standard set of Reporting and Analytics that can be used out of the box from day 1.
This is great and customers are happy about it, but you know every organization is different and they measure different things to analyze data and make decisions🙄
As a consultant if you are on the ground and you have an cool demo showing all the standard reports & analytics and the HR analyst asks you can we modify the business logic to adopt to our organization – You can say “It’s coming soon😎”
Thanks to Deepak Shankar for submitting the idea!
Spread the word with your community and get more votes for the ideas!😁